Happy first weekend of 2018! Is it just me or has it been especially hard to get back in the swing of things this week? Maybe it’s because I didn’t come back to work until the 3rd or maybe it’s the snow, but I still don’t feel adjusted post-holidays. I’ve been spending lots of time this week getting my apartment back in order – cleaning and taking down my Christmas decorations – and also just sitting in bed and reading. I got home from work on Wednesday and just totally fell into bed with a book.
Some exciting blog-related news to share this week is that I finally got my act together and started a newsletter! I’m still very much working on how to differentiate that from these posts, but I think the key difference will be that the newsletter will focus on my content, while these weekend updates are mainly collections of links to other websites. I may do some tweaking as I learn and look at the analytics, but for now I plan to start sending these out on Friday mornings. Subscribe to the newsletter here!
After a short week I thought I’d have a shortage of links to round up, but I’m happy to report that’s not true:
- I’m currently deep into reading How to Murder Your Life and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. I’ll be sure to share my feelings on both in a later book roundup post.
- Now that we’re past the holiday season, I’m excited for more new music releases. Looking forward to new albums from Anderson East (1/12), tUnE-yArDs (1/19), Justin Timberlake (2/2), and The Wood Brothers (2/2) in the next month.
- It was fun to learn from Chelsea’s ten favorite albums of 2017 that we have a LOT of similar faves.
- Loved seeing Obama’s roundup of his favorite books and songs from the last year on Facebook. I’ve added this and this to my Amazon cart.
- This warm, colorful house tour is giving me all kinds of decor inspiration.
- Bookmarking this guide on easy to care for indoor plants as I build up my little urban garden. I recently bought a mint plant and a cilantro plant for cooking and I’m very into it.
- I’m trying to cut down on shopping this year and only buy really useful (i.e. not just cute for the sake of cute) pieces. I think these shoes may be a good investment.
- I love Emily’s post on the five posts she’s most proud of from five years of blogging.
- I finally got a nice bluetooth speaker for Christmas and it is a GAME. CHANGER. for when I’m hanging out in my apartment listening to music or podcasts.
- Super into Alex & Mike’s reveal of their new dining room makeover.
- As I’ve mentioned on Instagram, something I’m focusing on this year is cooking more at home. I just bought this cookbook and I’m so excited to try out some veggie recipes.
- Kasia’s post on doing a 2018 digital detox is exactly what I needed this week.