It’s been a busy busy week, so here is a belated weekend update! This week was insane both with work and school – although I’m finally getting really close to my holiday break. I just have ONE MORE thing to turn in before finishing grad school and I can finally see the light. Right now, I’m in Brooklyn spending the day exploring before tonight’s LCD Soundsystem concert at Brooklyn Steel. I’ll do a more full recap of the trip later, but last night we had dinner at Modern Love, which was SO good. If you’re into amazing vegan food, this one is a must-visit.
Some things on my radar this week:
– I finally finished my Christmas shopping for my family! Two people on my list may or may not be getting these socks.
– Doug and I threw a holiday party on Friday and it was a huge success. Most popular part of the party? A pretzel tray from Philly Pretzel Factory. This was an easy, relatively inexpensive ($35) solution to needing to have snacks for several dozen people. This is definitely happening at any party I throw from now on.
– Have you read this Cat Person piece in the New Yorker? My friend Bekah sent it to me earlier in the week. So so good.
– I have been eyeing this New York City Transit Authority Graphics Standards Manual book for YEARS. The design nerd in me is so into it. I finally bought a copy and I am so happy. It’s so well-done and a really cool piece to have on my shelf. Now I just want all of the books Standards Manual releases.
– Very into this black foldover clutch. I feel like this is something missing from my lineup of bags.
– Looking for some good audiobooks to listen to on my long drives coming up during the holidays. Send any suggestions my way!